Another wave of heat came to Cyprus. On Monday morning, August 12, the weather service of the Republic of Cyprus announced the introduction of a yellow level of weather hazard.
Recall, this is the fifth warning in the second week!
Its validity period falls at the peak of solar activity – from 12:30 to 17:00 hours.
It is expected that during this period of time the air temperature in the interior of the island will reach +41 degrees Celsius, and on the highest mountain of Troodos the thermometer will show 32 degrees Celsius.
In the evening, the thermometer will drop to 23 degrees inland, about 24 degrees will show on the south and east coasts, about 22 degrees on the west coast and about 20 degrees in the mountains.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, air temperature will remain at the same level. But on Thursday it will drop slightly, in some areas weather forecasters even promise short rains.
In the meantime, we remind you what to do in order not to get a heat stroke:
- avoid sun exposure, avoid physical exertion
- wear light-colored clothing, a hat and sunglasses
- try not to drink alcoholic beverages, coffee, heavy and fatty foods, seasoned foods, chocolate, give preference to vegetables, fruits
- drink plenty of water
- use fans and air conditioners
- take a cool shower several times a day
- people with chronic illnesses should consult their doctor about measures to take in case of overheating